Monday, January 16, 2012

Forty Great Films Streaming on Netflix

I have intended for some time to do a top-ten list of foreign films streaming on Netflix, but haven't had the time. This will have to do, for now. I offer up these great films in no particular order (and please keep in mind that I'm posting this list in January 2012--there's no telling when or how often Netflix shuffles its streaming lineup):

1. The Widow of St. Pierre*
2. Europa Europa*
3. Delicatessen*
4. Gosford Park


5. This is Spinal Tap
6. Whale Rider


7. The Year My Voice Broke
8. Children of Heaven*
9. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
10. My Left Foot
11. The Son*
12. Brokeback Mountain
13. Ponette*
14. Me and You and Everyone We Know
15. The English Patient
16. The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover
17. Y Tu Mama Tambien*
18. Baran*
19. The Bicycle Thief*
20. Heaven*
21. Let Me In*
22. Cinema Paradiso*
23. A Clockwork Orange
24. The Piano Teacher*
25. Microcosmos
26. The Motorcycle Diaries*
27. Malena*
28. Broken Flowers
29. Day Night Day Night
30. Kadosh*
31. Syriana
32. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill
33. The Grocer's Son*
34. Happy Go Lucky
35. Memento
36. The Graduate
37. Rivers and Tides
38. The Virgin Suicides
39. Shadows and Fog
40. Carrington
* = primarily in a language other than English

BONUS DOCUMENTARY: Food, Inc.

I intend to come back to this post from time to time, to add notes about each film, schedule permitting.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: I make no claim that these are the best films streaming on Netflix, but they are certainly the best among the ones I've seen. That said, I have a lot of catching up to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment